Wednesday, September 17, 2014



"As I walked up to the door, this melody entered my head. This sound just grabbed me. It was tapping me and saying, 'Come with me.' ... And I heard that terrible, mournful sound that tugs at your heartstrings. I went right to my acoustic guitar. Something was pulling me, and it was so overwhelmingly sad. I sensed later it was a mother’s mournful cry for her child. I started to write words that were just coming out of the sky. I didn’t know what I was writing about until I wrote It’s déjà vu all over again. And then I thought, “My God, is that what this is about?” I was writing about the war that was coming and the unnecessary deaths that were gonna happen all over again. I was overcome with feeling that emotion. I guess I was guided there. I did not create that song. It was handed to me. Probably the only time that’s ever happened."

John Fogerty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive