Tuesday, September 9, 2014




"I write a song because I want to. I think the moment you start writing it to make money, you're starting to kill yourself artistically. ... Songs are funny things. They can slip across borders. Proliferate in prisons. Penetrate hard shells. I always believed that the right song at the right moment could change history. ... Songs won't save the planet, but neither will books or speeches. Songs are sneaky things; they can slip across borders. ... My job is to show folks there’s a lot of good music in this world, and if used right it may help to save the planet. The key to the future of the world is finding the optimistic stories and letting them be known. ... I can't sing much.  I used to sing high and low.  Now I have a growl somewhere in between."


Pete Seeger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive