Sunday, November 23, 2014


Charlie Daniels talks about his song Uneasy Rider.

"Well, I can tell you where the idea for the song came from, but it doesn't go with the story. The story, of course, as with so many songs, is totally fictitious. I used to do a little bit of record producing. I used to produce a group called the Youngbloods that were headquartered at San Francisco. And we were doing a live album, and we did part of it at the Fillmore East and West, and we did part of a – used to be called a rock festival. It was one of those big three-days affairs where everybody in the world played. And that day I think it was the Youngbloods and the Grateful Dead and the Jefferson Airplane, and I don't know who else. But you know what I'm talking about, one of those extravaganza type things. And all these people were there at the motel. Of course, one of them stayed at the same motel we were staying at. And they were these long-haired hippie type people, and the movie "Easy Rider" had not been out very long. And here we were sitting in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, with all these long-haired people, and I think a lot of them had the impression that if they were to get two blocks away, that somebody was going to run out with a pair of shears and cut their hair and threaten their life. And I was born in the South, and to me this attitude was just kind of funny, you know. And that's where the idea came from. And I just took a guy and put him in a fictitious situation, and extricated him. But of course there's no truth to it other than just being around people that kind of had the attitude, a fear of redneck bars. Of course, I don't go to redneck bars, either."


I love the giant buckle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive