Tuesday, December 9, 2014




"I always wanted to be a novelist but I didn't have the discipline or the ability to stretch out an idea for that long.  I'm probably a musician because it's easier for me.  The brevity is what helps me to realize that we only have a few minutes to tell a story.  So you have to make every word count.  With this album, I've been overwriting the lyrics; every song has leftovers.  But that's cool because I throw those in my grab bag, a file of all the lyrics I like but didn't use in a song.  When I finish writing  a song, often ends up being different than what it was in the beginning, so I have to throw a line out.  And often that line will inspire me to write a new song, so it becomes prominent somewhere else." 
Adam Turla 
Murder By Death is one of my favorite bands. Very unique sound. They truly have found a new path to walk. Adam's songwriting is killer, pun intended.
Do you self a favor and check them out.


Moral of the quote. Save your leftovers for a new entree.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive