Thursday, January 8, 2015


Started reading Never Coming Back by Tim Weaver last night. I haven't read any of his stuff before but on line reviews were all 5 star. I figured a good mystery would warm on a winters night. Here is Tim's opening three sentence paragraph.

"When the night came, it came fast. The sky yellowed, like a week-old bruise, and then the sun began its descent into the desert floor, dropping out of the clouds as if it were falling. The further it fell, the quicker the sky changed, until the sun was gone from view and all that remained was a smear of red cloud, like a bloodstain above the Mojave."

Needless to say, I was happy with my choice. 
One third of the way in and I am still very pleased.

Opening lines set the table and should tempt hungry appetites.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive