Monday, May 4, 2015

My creative soul is over charged. Overheating with excess energy. A weekend songwriting workshop, hosted by Professor Verlon Thompson. Verlon's modesty is only exceeded by his talent. He truly enjoys entertaining, teaching, and making new friends. Thanks Verlon for everything.

As a student of Shima-Ha Shorin-Ryu Karate, I understand how to steal an aggressor's energy. I do not however, understand the energy boost experienced after spending a few days with Verlon and fellow minded songwriters. No energy is lost or stolen but, everyone leaves with a overcharge. I love it! Maybe just the synergy of free spirits flying together, make the sum build muscle, then when divided upon departure, leaves all of us stronger. Like an lava feathered eagle shooting down the face of mountain, the intensity of the fire keeps building. Geez, I sound like a white coated scientist or a straight jacketed poet.

The show Sunday was exhilarating. Loved everyone's songs. I never had performed my new songs with a full band before. Cool stuff indeed. Thanks to Erin for singing high harmony and Joe for playing harp on Let Your Soul Sing It's Song. You guys brought it up to a nose bleed level....I mean a very high good level..not a ear splinting bad bloody level......


How about this album cover....wish I had a hair stylist.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive