Saturday, August 15, 2015


1) sharpen pencils



?) sing masterpiece 



What steps lie in-between creation and performance?

What steps influence the applause meter the most?

I wish I had the answers.

Imagine a golden floored 
silver walled 
Herculean sized room
 with a diamond studded ceiling. 
Opium incense lingers
like a pregnant hush.
In the center
a five star song sits
on a cherub guarded pedestal.
The gigantic chamber has 1000 doors.

There are many ways to create the masterpiece.

We blaze our own trails.


I think it is easier to identify trouble along the path.

Things you know would improve your songs
if you worked on them.

Putting myself in the songwriters confessional,

I do know my weaknesses.

Melody and musical hooks.

I need to tattoo this advice from the master of riffs
on my nose.

"Write a GREAT song, and then sit down and come up with a riff/hook around the root chord or a few of the chords."

Angus Young






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive