Wednesday, September 16, 2015


The last few songs I wrote were mouth fulls.
Fifteen syllable lines. 
Cumbersome.
Seems every page or screen I read "editing" is the theme.
I type about it I just don't practice it.
In lieu of a tattoo, I am writing 
LESS IS MORE 
on the tops of both my hands. 


Even Jerry Seinfeld agrees-

“If you always want less, in words as well as things, you’ll do well as a writer.”

We could learn more from Jerry.

He has two hour a day writing habit
via Bic pen and yellow legal pad.

"I have the legal pad and then I have one of those accordion folders with a different slot for each letter. Once I’m done with the bit, it either goes in the garbage or the accordion folder. Those are the only two destinations."


He says the biggest hurdle is getting away from your phone.

"All you have to do is transition from looking at your phone to putting the phone down and opening up the pad where there’s nothing going on. There’s no light hitting your retina."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive