Monday, January 4, 2016


Oh no it's Monday morning and I promised to post something to my journal.

Pressure.



I have felt like an impatent octopus over the last few weeks. Had arms reaching in all directions like Medusa's hair stylist.



Couldn't settle in on a task for more than 30 minutes.

Play a little bass, attempt another watercolor, play my strat while the watercolor sky dries, go through my piles of files and find Whiskey Before Breakfast. Find Blackberry Blossom and get out my Martin to play that a few times.

Answer the phone. Seems like I get more calls since joining the no call list.

Let the dog out.

Help Peggy cut peanut butter fudge so I can eat a few and ride a quick sugar buzz.

Stare at the 4 pages of notes for the "Christmas" prompt song. Stare at the 3 pages of notes for "something familiar" prompt song.

Start another watercolor.

Maybe I should play some bass.

Using an egg timer to learn jazz chords. 3 minutes. Even that seems like a long time.

Early stages of going mad?

Late stages?

Holiday stress?

Like Prego, all three are in there. Mixed in life's simmering journey.



Anyway, time to settle down. Maybe switch to decaf. Already cut out the salt and sugar (day 4).

Settle in, enjoy.

Every flip of the timer.




No comments:

Post a Comment