Wednesday, August 3, 2016





Spur of the moment. 

Just go with it.

Yeah, why not.

Sounds like a good time.

Verlon Thompson, who you journal followers know is a superstar songwriter, guitar player, performer and most of all a genuine 100% good person. If for some reason you don't know him, go to the home page and listen to his songs and click on the link to his site. You will not be wasting your time. Anyway, Wednesday afternoon Verlon e-mailed a new song for me to post and then mentioned that his weekend would be laid back because he only had 3 students in his songwriting class at Fur Peace Ranch. I mentioned to my wife Peggy how wonderful it would be to go a few hundred times in an hour or so and she said get out of here and go have fun!

So-


  Walt Sample, Denise Ridgway, Verlon Thompson, Ellie Kohler, Keith Parker

Spent 4 days in heaven. 

Still pinching myself. 

I am lucky man.

 Ellie and Denise.
 Verlon watching Keith act like King Kong.
 Never said we didn't get scolded.  Songwriting is a tough business.
 Verlon checking Denise's homework.
She passed. A+. 
 Verlon played baritone guitar and Keith added high guitar harmony while I      played cowboy chords and sang my song My Life Is In Your Hands.
Ellie killing it.
Happy John. Don't worry be happy!

The class wrote a song Saturday morning. 

I am biased of course but, it kicks butt!

Verlon is sprinkling magic dust on it and I will post soon.

More later!

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered this blog! What fun reading about our great weekend.

    ReplyDelete