Saturday, November 19, 2016


Buffalo Skinner Records set up their portable recording studio in my cabin Wednesday morning.


I wanted to post cool pics and banter during this marathon two day recording session.

But........

Making a record wears you out mentally and physically. You feel like you ran a 72 hour gauntlet with exploding smiles slappin' at you and laughs lashin' at you.
All while stumbling through a pressure packed tunnel. Strumming your way to safety......I felt like there was a midget devil inside my Martin ready to reach a tiny hot red finger out of the sound hole and grab a string or two during the last few bars........and send a fantastic take to hell..............

All you left in you at the end of the taping was.....



the ability to sit around and trade songs till the tape started rolling again.

Got 16 songs in the can. A bag of sad, happy, goofy, odd ball stuff.

Just like I planned.


It's hard to think behind a mic screen.



My song list was shuffled, erased, altered and augmented.


Co executive producers Rob and Toby discussing song selection.


Blink once if you didn't like the cut.........


My co-writers on Dirty Socks take 5 after singing harmony.


Toby didn't need to wear headphones.





Got the cake baked.

The tracks will be iced at Buffalo Skinner Studio headquarters.

The studio magic will wash my vocal tracks. Gonna' need a Sam's size box of Tide.......

Massage my rhythm guitar tracks........ I can envision a power surge when the transistors, capacitors, flangers, compressors, and other space age expensive red and yellow lighted electric stuff gets the first taste of my guitar feed.

 Nap time.

I will update progress and post some tracks when I get em.

The bubble has burst.

I can breath again.

Now I gotta' get back in the saddle and write 16 for the next record.




No comments:

Post a Comment