Tuesday, November 15, 2016


I really didn't know what to expect going back to Marietta. I had high expectations. Have a pizza at Pastime Pizza where I used to work. Visit the Time Out Bar and see my old boss John. Maybe shoot a game of pool. Heck, it had only been 40 years. What could of changed? Might even run into some old buddies at The Mecca and check on the mural painted on the back brick wall.
Go to the TKE House and see some frat brothers. Check on my sculpture Marietta National Bank bought at my senior art show. Visit with my old professors.


Well things didn't quite go as planned. Fraternity row was no more. The houses were there but they were adminstration this or bureaucratic that. The quonset hut sculpture studio was closed and locked down. Guess art students down weld steel or carve marble or walnut anymore. The main street thru campus was closed to cars. You couldn't find a college kid with a free pizza. It was 50 degrees. Too cold to hang out and walk campus? I guess. The A&P grocery store where I used to buy a 6 pack of Goebel beer for 61 cents, including tax, was another administration something.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment