Monday, April 27, 2015


David Lindley does a killer version of this tune.



Soul Of A Man
Blind Willie Johnson

I’m gonna ask a question, Please answer if you can, 
If any you children can tell me, 
What is the soul of man? What is the soul of a man?
Won't somebody tell me, answer if you can! 
Want somebody tell me, what is the soul of a man, what is the soul of a man? 
Well I've travelled in different countries, I've travelled foreign lands. 
I've found nobody could tell me, about the soul of a man, about the soul of a man.
I saw a crowd stand talking, I just came up in time 
The teachers and the doctors and the lawyers, say a man ain't nothing but his mind, a man ain't nothing but his mind. 
Won't somebody tell me, answer if you can! 
Want somebody tell me, what is the soul of a man, what is the soul of a man?
I read the bible often, I tries to read it right, 
As far as I can understand, it ain’t nothing but a burning light, it ain’t nothing but a burning light.
Christ stood in the temple, the people stood amazed 
He was showing the doctors and the lawyers, how to raise a body from the grave, how to raise a body from the grave, raise a body from the grave, raise a body from the grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive