Wednesday, November 25, 2015


Thanksgiving It Sure Is Great To Be Home  
Walt Sample

July Johnson bowed his head and prayed
Lord I’m lost please show me the way
He promised June and Jimmy and baby Jolene
He’d be home in time for Thanksgiving

Snow storm came on sudden laid a blanket of white
Montana pines looked like angels all alike
July sat in his saddle shiverin’ for a sign
Suddenly he saw a glow at the end of the tree line

He nudged on big Toby and rode toward the gold
Knowing that the light would lead him home
The Lord is my Shepherd July Johnson said
When he saw his log cabin just up ahead

Thanksgiving it sure is great to be home
Thanksgiving thank you Lord for guiding me home

Toby hee hawed June swung open the door
Jimmy was playin’ with Jolene on the dirt floor
July started cryin’ when he saw his family safe
Kissed June hello said he was guided by faith

Thanksgiving it sure is great to be home
Thanksgiving thank you Lord for guiding me home

Thanksgiving it sure is great to see the family
Thanksgiving thank you Lord for my family

It sure is great to be home


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive